NOW THIS:

Friday, November 17, 2006

Box of Love



Recently, my neighbor asked me if I would like to participate in the Boxes of Love holiday food drive sponsored by her church for local families in need. I told her I would, so she gave me the box, and a list of food items that I was to put into it. The list was very specific, and required what I considered to be very simple basic items: Canned fruit, soup, beans, rice, etc. I was instructed not to change or add anything.

There was also a small strip of paper which I could sign and "decorate if desired". Here was my chance to give someone a little something personal. I decided to share with them a few of the things that bring me joy, in the hope it might brighten their day.


Finding a little joy has sort of been my motto for the last few years. I am thankful to be able to enjoy these simple pleasures on a regular basis. And, for me at least, the things I treasure the most are even better when shared with others.

Whoever you are, I hope you are able to find joy in the simple things. I hope they will lift your spirit as they do mine.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. And Happy TG to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice, and i love your personal touch-festive, and very much in the spirit of Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was neat how you added your personal touch, soooo personally! Really neat...it made it a REAL Box of Love!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy