NOW THIS:

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Countdown to Death Valley

We are now officially planning to go to Death Valley over spring break. It has been 10 years since we were there last. At least twice since then, though, we have made reservations at Stovepipe Wells, only to have to cancel due to unfortunate circumstances. The last time was 3 years ago. Eleanor was dying. Before that was when Jerry had to have surgery on his hand.
This time, I am determined that nothing will stand in our way.

We are going to try the Panamint Springs Resort this time, because if we like it there, we'll be going back for Thanksgiving, when they reportedly put on a spectacular feast. (I am tired of preparing a feast for only 4 people, and so I've decided that until I have a table full of grandchildren to cook for, it's either a Thanksgiving getaway or I'll be helping feed the needy.)

Here is a link to a nice little YouTube video of Death Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy