NOW THIS:

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Secret Chili Recipe

Actually, it's not really a secret. Jessi saw it on a cooking show and later made it for Michael. He really liked it. Since he usually complains about my chili, (for no good reason, I might add, ) I thought I should try it. Strangely, Jessi was rather posessive and, yes, anal, about letting me have the recipe. It's not like I'm revealing something scandalous here. It's not like she invented it. It's only a chili recipe, folks. I just want to try it out on the other Calisher men and see what they think. If they like it, I'll hang on to the recipe. If not, I'll delete it from my memory banks.




Update, 6:30PM
Okay, the chili has been made and tasted (by everyone except Michael, who is still at work.) The reviews were not great. It had too many tomato chunks for Jerry. I knew that would happen. And he said it didn't taste like chili. Brice didn't say much, but he didn't eat much either.

One thing: as the stuff was cooking, I realized why (I think) Jessi was reluctant to give up the recipe. I bet she wants it to be something special that only she can make for him. I guess I can understand that. They should have some special things that only they share. But I bet if they ever break up, Michael will never want to eat it again. (When they broke up a couple years ago, he packed up every little memento and we were not allowed to even mention her name. He didn't throw anything away, though, and it all came back out when they got together again.)
So, either way, I guess I won't be making it again. At least I got to try it.

Oh, and the receipe? It's here, but only for a limited time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy