NOW THIS:

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

James Hubbell

Last night I checked my online TV listing to see if there was anything good on. I saw a listing on PBS for a show called Eye of the Beholder, The Artistry of James Hubbell. Never having heard of him, I did a quick Google search, and as soon as I saw pictures of his work, I leaped from the computer to the TV. He has a wonderful, organic style that brings the forms and colors of nature into the home, and lets structures be part of nature. (Well, that sounds corny the way I'm describing it, but his projects are incredibly beautiful and alive. (aack- more corn, sorry!))

I think his program is making the rounds on PBS stations this week. Hopefully I didn't catch it at the tail end of its run. Watch it if you can.

He also has an extensive website with some pictures of his work. I put a few below.





1 comment:

  1. I would love to see his work in person!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy