NOW THIS:

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Garden Scene with Chevette

Automotive-themed artwork for Illustration Friday.


This is a sketchbook doodle from way back in '76! The memory is a bit foggy, but I think this was around the time I had (finally) gotten my driver's license, and was looking for a first car. I remember test driving a yellow Chevette and liking it very much. Somehow I turned it into this little homage to Eureka's Garden. There was definitely a connection between the idea of this car and Fred, whose family had Chevys. My dad, who was advising me and assisting me in all aspects of tire-kicking and financing, was far less impressed with it, and eventually got me a Ford.

Anyway, after dredging this old doodle out of obscurity, I stuck it in my Art Machine and colored it in, as you see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy