NOW THIS:

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Road Trip!


On Monday, I brought Brice up to Northern California to begin his summer internship. Jerry wasn't able to get time off from work, so I had to go by myself. I have never driven so far by myself. It was a looonnng drive. Over 400 miles. Past San Francisco.



Brice with refreshment at about the halfway point. He already looks like he's having fun, doesn't he?



I kept seeing what I thought were white butterflies fluttering across the road. Then we started passing these trucks. I ordered Brice to take a picture of one. I think it's garlic. I was seeing the white papery skins of a million heads of garlic.


Our first hotel was terrible. Terrible. I complained. I got my money back. I found a better hotel (with Jerry's help). This one is much better. I can be comfortable here for a few days. The TV even knows my name. (The TV was dead at the other hotel, just one item of a whole sad list of crappyness.)

Yesterday, I spend most of the day getting settled in the new hotel, buying some food and other essentials, and trying to familiarize myself with the neighborhood. Today, I plan to venture to a local regional park, and later to the Charles Shultz Museum and the Luther Burbank home and garden. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy