NOW THIS:

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A poem

New artwork (at last!) and and old poem for Illustration Friday.



When I was a kid, there was a cabin in Lake Arrowhead we would rent for a week or two in the summer. It was old and rustic. My room was up in the attic (with the spiders!) But it was still fun, and I remember this poem was framed on the wall up there, with a picture of a cute kid who was daydreaming under a tree or something like that. I wish I could remember exactly how it looked. The picture and the poem together were just perfect for the lazy days of summer.

5 comments:

  1. My mother spent summers at Lake Arrowhead (where she met my father, actually) and I spent some weeks there, too. Her family had a cabin for a while (before it burned.) and then we stayed in A-frame chalets. Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really sweet, happy illo! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this has a really nice feel to it.. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect summer poem and the illustration accompanies it so well.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy