NOW THIS:

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Garden visitors

For Illustration Friday

Earlier this summer, I created a Bug Safari coloring book for the arboretum.
This is one of the pages. I colored it digitally.

The text for this page reads:

In Your Own Backyard

Lots of bugs like flowers,
so plant some in your yard
and see what comes to visit!

Predators may be waiting
patiently for some unlucky bug
to come too close!

Look for leaves that have been nibbled.
If you see some frass (bug poop),
there may be a plant-eater nearby.


3 comments:

  1. Very excellent work! I like your idea of a coloring book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding....

    and you stayed between the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this :) I breed monarchs down here in New Zealand :)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy