NOW THIS:

Sunday, August 05, 2007

More mental notes: 395 camping

Actually, these are someone else's notes, and I'm stealing them.

For the life of me I can't understand why people with fully self contained RVs want to stay at a resort when there are perfectly good BLM and County camp grounds all over the place. $5 or $10 per night. Horton Creek is one of my faves at $5 per night and it's about 10 miles north of the Y at Bishop off 395 in Round Valley. Then there is also Pleasant Valley campground along the Owens River just below the dam at PV Resevoir. That's $10 per night and great fishing right there. And if you are really into that resort stuff, what about Brown's Town in Bishop. It has everything you could ask for. Comfort and shade with a little store and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy