NOW THIS:

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Felted Wool Art

Even though I dabbled in embroidery when I was younger, my current encounters with fabrics and thread are mostly limited to repairing holes in socks. (Even the hemming of pants is left to the professionals!) However, I do love fabric art of different kinds, and I recently learned of the existence of felted wool creations.

While browsing through Flickr for something, my eyes came upon this beautiful felted wool painting. The very talented Eden of Handwork Naturals graciously agreed to let me post the picture above. But don't stop with this one. You must see her whole set of Paintings in Wool on Flickr.

3 comments:

  1. I have often thought I might try and make a purse out of felted sweater material...and I saw a lady once on TV who used different colors of lint from her dryer to make art pictures...that was really amazing...something from nothing (almost nothing)...right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! It amazes me on all the different materials artists can use to create an image. Thanks for the link. I've been thinking about taking a class of some sort. Just to try out some of these new materials. Thanks for the link. : ) This is a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. I think you would enjoy needle felting... with your eye for beauty in nature you'd have plenty of inspiration ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy