NOW THIS:

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lunch with my new friends

There's so much about the internet I really don't know. (Did I ever mention what a techno-weenie I am?) But yesterday, I decided I would try to add a few bells and whistles to make my surfing experience more streamlined.

First, I installed Google Reader. Now I don't need to check on all my favorite blogs. Their updates come to me. I should have done this a long time ago.

Then this morning, I ditched my old web browser homepage, which was just local news ABC7.com, and set up a Google homepage. It has little boxes you can pick and choose what you want. I have a to-do list, a calendar, Photo of the day, weather, and more. (including the Google Reader.) I don't mean to sound like a commercial for Google, but their products are functional, free, and easy enough for me to figure out how to use.

Of course, the standard homepage is pretty boring, but they give you a bunch of choices to change it to. They call it "themes". So I found a theme with this cute frog/ladybug duo, and the little banner scene actually changes throughout the day. (They started out at sunrise with donuts and coffee!) I came home from the arboretum this morning, starving, threw together some leftovers, zapped them in the microwave, and plopped down in front of the computer to see my new friends were eating their lunch too. He he!

Hey, pass me a grape soda, would you, Ladybug?

Update:

Aww, they finished their lunch and now they're playing Slip n Slide!


2 comments:

  1. I love the ladybugs. I've been meaning to ask, how is the whole water arobics with strange older people and group showers going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so bad, actually. The ladies are all really nice. It's also nice to be able to have a shower and a shampoo without messing up my own bathroom! I'm still bracing myself for a locker room encounter with some of the arboretum ladies. I think it's easier to be (mutually) naked in front of strangers than with friends you've known (clothed) for a number of years!

    Unfortunately, the "Y" has been closed for the last couple of weeks because they have the parking lot all torn up, and the repaving has been delayed due to all the rain we've had and the resulting mud.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy