NOW THIS:

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's Sushi Tuesday

Ok, I just made that up. But actually, I made sushi tonight because Trader Joes had ahi tuna that looked really nice and I couldn't pass it up.

I like reading food blogs sometimes. I try to blog about my cooking sometimes, but it's hard to take pictures while you're cooking. And by the time I'm serving it up, I'd always rather eat it than take pictures of it. But here's an attempt, since I had a "special dinner" tonight.

Here's the fixin's.



Tuna and cucumber in julienne strips



All laid out on the nori



All rolled up


Ta-da!





I made (uh, that is I heated up) some TJ tempura veggies to go with the sushi.


They were pretty tasty too.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks delicious. I've never made my own sushi rolls before. I should try it, it looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMM. I love sushi...tried rolling my own, but didn't fall in love with the process or the taste...so I buy mine already made (I'm a big baby)...but those tempura vegies made me want to find them somewhere here for a friend of mine who goes for these at the fair every year.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy