NOW THIS:

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spring stuff

I may have mixed feelings about Easter (and Christianity in general), but I sure do enjoy all the spring-themed merchandise that is proliferating in the stores these days. They're bright and colorful, and full of cute animals, even bugs.

These items were stealthily photographed* at Cost Plus World Market yesterday. They are made from thick, brightly colored felt.


baskets


flowers and butterflies. See how thick the felt is?



And look...they have some of those little bug-shaped wood pieces on them. Cue the It's a Small World music.



*Cost Plus doesn't like people to take pictures of stuff inside their stores. I asked them permission once, and they said no. This was before I got my current camera, which is very small and can be used very discretely, and also before everybody and their brother had a cellphone with a camera in it. So as far as I know, all sorts of people are taking pictures of all the cool stuff they have there. But I still feel like I've "gotten away with something" when I do it.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this post which also includes lady bugs! I saw something yesterday and I thought of you. It was a clear plastic box of lady bug candles. They were very well made with bright red color, and came in two different sizes of ladys! I wished you lived closer, and I could have mailed them to you, but figured they would melt on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for thinking of me. You should do what I do: take pictures of the cute and interesting things you see (and maybe post it online). Most of the time, I don't really want all that stuff. It's just fun to look at. Amazing how many cute little doo-dads, plants, critters, etc. there are out there.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy