NOW THIS:

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Desert sunset view

Hard to believe it's already been a week since I came back from my little desert trip. I really liked this view out the back door, the contrast of the warm tones of the interior and the chilly blue sky. The wind was howling outside when I took this shot.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but one of the many weird things I like is what I call "window vingnettes". Mostly they're views of illuminated interiors seen from outside (which makes evening walks a little more fun) but this inside-looking-out view works for me too.

I still have lots of pictures to upload. I'm trying to post at least a few a night. I've gotten a few bugs posted, but I have lots of flowers and cacti to post as well, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful shot. I can't begin to imagine how gorgeous it must of been seeing it in person. It would make a lovely computer wallpaper. I never see sunsets like that out where I live, too many tall buildings obstructing the view of the sky and then there is the pollution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. You know, I can't really see the sunset from my own house. I have to go out to the end of my driveway to see it. Sometimes when it looks like a good sunset is shaping up, Jerry and I will grab the cameras and go up to our local hilltop park.

    Thanks for mentioning the computer wallpaper idea. I was actually getting tired of my current desktop picture, which is a larger version of the neighborhood panorama on my blog header, (taken from said hilltop park, btw) but I didn't know what I wanted to replace it with. I might just try this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for anything, really...I would love to see something like this made into cards. It goes with my love of beautiful walls and doors on cards!

    This scene is gorgeous...the contrast is so amazing between inside and out...something I'm sure you appreciated even more with the added sound of the wind whipping, and the cold air!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy