NOW THIS:

Friday, April 18, 2008

Sneak Preview

I was at the arboretum today, getting ready for my duties in the Childrens Garden tomorrow. The whole arboretum was chaotic with people setting up their booths and putting their merchandise on display. So of course, I took a little time to get a sneak preview of the vendors.

I especially like to see the cactus and succulent displays. There's one company that comes every year with a very impressive collection. Lots of blooms. The first time I saw them (several years ago), I whipped out my camera, but the nasty saleslady told me not to take pictures. So every year I make it a point to take pictures of her cacti. When she's not looking, of course.




















I don't know if I'll have time to take any pictures during Green Scene itself. I've tried in previous years to take candid shots with all the visitors walking around, but they were disappointing. But come Monday, I will be back, in the very spot where the cacti and succulent booths will have vacated, leaving behind a few choice gleanings for me to find.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Cindy...I'm drooling looking at all your wonderful pictures of all those beautiful cacti. I wish that I didn't already have plans so that I could go this event. I'd buy so many of those cactuses. Some of them are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I am drooling too! I love that cactus that is pink on the ends with real long spines...it looks like corn on the cob!!!
    Congrats on taking the darn photos when that evil lady wasn't looking!!! Good luck finding leftovers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy