NOW THIS:

Monday, May 05, 2008

Boomie has to have his leg amputated :(

The thing I hate most about bad news is how, even after I have had time to absorb it and digest it, the bad news will slip out of my consciousness for a little while, only to come back and slap me again and again.

My sweet Boomie has had hip displasia all his life. I thought his increased limping had something to do with that. But today we found out that he has a tumor in his right rear leg. By the looks of the X ray, there is no way to save the leg. Even after they take it, the cancer has probably already spread to somewhere else in his body. But amputation will buy him some time.

Surgery will probably be in about a week. I don't think I'll be sleeping very well tonight. Something keeps slapping me.

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry for the bad news regarding your dog. Tough decisions, for sure...
    I will be praying for the best outcome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy