NOW THIS:

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

If it's only happening in my head, is it still art?

I get plenty of creative ideas, but nothing ever seems to take shape lately. Too busy spinning my wheels to actually get it in gear, you might say. But stuff is in there, in my brain, in my heart. Just beyond my fingertips.


Last night, while standing in my yard, I was inspired to create this. I am fascinated with the idea of digital scrapbooking and would like to get into it more.


I also have this recurring resolution to draw something, anything, every day, or at least several times a week. Just sketch out whatever is on my mind, and post it, even if it's not finished, or even very "good." But I haven't managed to do that yet. It's all up here in my head, though, if that counts for anything.

3 comments:

  1. Make a date daily at the same time to sit down and do one small sketch...that way you cannot let anything interfere! Love your digital art page! I want to see your sketches as they get done...oh BTW, my daughter is talking about getting a degree at college in graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This works for me. Posting my sketches keeps me inspired when I don't have a finished piece to put up. I just posted one today. It actually took two nights to finish. It was a pencil sketch one night and then I finished it with a pen last night.

    http://tumboweedgrows.blogspot.com/2008/06/urge-to-create.html

    Yes, it would be nice to see your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is giving me an idea to try using some paper quilling in the top layer of my ATC cards...these curly que things look so nice and really add a lot to the scrapbook page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy