NOW THIS:

Thursday, June 05, 2008

OK, now I'm back

and I just remembered another one of those made-up sayings that I made up years ago:

Bookstore Syndrome

Sounds scholarly enough, but alas, it's actually just a cleverly disguised code for needing to go to the bathroom while out shopping. Its origin comes from the oddly laxative effect that bookstores often have on me. I don't know why it is, but if I don't go preemptively, it will hit me like prune-laced clockwork while I'm mid-browse. Occasionally, I'll get the urge in other stores (like Best Buy, but I think that might be phychosomatic, because Jerry takes too long looking at computer stuff and I get bored...)

Strangely, I've never had Bookstore Syndrome in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy