NOW THIS:

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Current events, illustrated

What's this? Art?? That I made???

Yes, I actually made something, and I'm submitting it to Illustration Friday for the first time in a dog's age.

The topic this week is island, and my tiny island is really just the backdrop for the double whammy of disasters, both natural and financial that have dominated the news. Fortunately, the little island that is my own life is far less turbulent, but I am a terrible worrier sometimes, and sometimes it takes strong feelings, even negative ones, to jump-start my creativity.

5 comments:

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy