NOW THIS:

Friday, September 05, 2008

Greetings from The Gourd Tunnel


One of the fun things we had growing at the arboretum this summer. Just make a framework of bamboo poles, plant some assorted gourd seeds along the bottom, add water, and let the fun begin. Oh, and watch your head as you go through!


My favorite thing in the tunnel was not a gourd, but the frilly little flower of one of the gourd varieties. That's the gourd, looking like an oversized stringbean, and the little white flower is next to it.



Lookit all the crazy little CurlyMcCues on that thing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that IS the prettiest flower I have ever seen!!! It makes me think of paper quilling in a way...beautiful!! Cool gourd tunnel too!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy