NOW THIS:

Monday, September 29, 2008

Interesting fern stem cross section

Well, I finally finished cleaning out the little section in my front yard that had old, overgrown, and generally yucky-looking plants. There used to be 4 old ferns. 3 of them died a couple of years ago. Their rotted stumps just pulled right out. The last one was still alive, but failing. I had Jerry take it out. Then Michael cut the stem/trunk in half so the trash collectors would take it. Check out the cross-section of the trunk. I've never seen anything like it before. It almost looks like Arabic writing. (...says the clueless American lady)

1 comment:

  1. Looks more like early cave drawings to me!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy