NOW THIS:

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A meme for couples

A young mother known as Mrs. Smith (if that is her real name) made a nice comment on an old post of mine. In a reciprocal peek at her blog, I found this meme, which she tagged anyone to answer. So here's mine:

How long have you been together?
We'll be married 29 years this December. Lived together for a while before that. Knew eachother a couple of years before that.

Who eats more?
Me. (burp)

Who said I love you first?
Probably him. I don't remember.

Who is taller?
Me, by a hair.

Who sings better?
Um, we don't really sing. Probably a tie, both not so great.

Who is smarter?
Him, for most things.

Who does the laundry?
Me.

Who does the dishes?
Me.

Who pays the bills?
Him. Everything's on the computer. If he drops off the face of the earth tomorrow, our whole financial system reverts to shoeboxes and mattresses.

Who mows the lawn?
Our gardener, Mr. Lee!

Who cooks dinner?
Me.

Who drives when you are together?
Him.

Who is more stubborn?
Whoa, that's a tough one. Me, I think. No, him. No, me! Me, me, me!

Whose parents do you see the most?
His are no longer living, so I win. But we don't see them too often anyway.

Who kissed who first?
Funny story here: Our first kiss, in his old VW bug, we bumped heads before our lips touched. Then we started laughing. But we were both in it together. Simultaneously.

Who proposed?
Neither one of us, really. We just sort of started planning the wedding.

Who is more sensitive?
He can be so thin-skinned sometimes. I, on the other hand, have cried viewing Cheerios commercials. Call it even.

Who has more friends?
Me. Not that it matters.

Who has more siblings?
Also me.

Who wears the pants in the family?
Well, of course we both wear pants! Who's in charge? I give him the final say. But most of the time we agree on the important stuff anyway. And the minor stuff, I let him do what he wants.

And I also tag whoever. Have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I don't really know you, my sink-squash-sprout-friend, but the more I read, the more I really think you're great! Wasn't this a fun little meme?
    :)
    ~Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, some of my best blogging friends are total strangers! Or at least they started out that way. Come back any time. My posting tends to be sporadic, spread between 3 blogs, but I have fun. If you come across any more good memes, send them my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun...I will do this one!!! You guys sound like a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy