NOW THIS:

Monday, September 29, 2008

More made-up phrases

In this previous post, I listed a few made-up words and silly sayings that we use in our family. Over the weekend, I remembered a couple more:

Blooby- blooby-blooby: used exclusively by me, usually in reply to Jerry, as a way to let him know that I have no idea what he's talking about. (most often it's something to do with computers or some other technology.) I got this several years ago from a cartoon series called "Recess". In one episode, the main characters, a group of 4th graders, took a group of kindergarteners under their wing. The brainy girl, Gretchen, was reading something rather complicated to one little girl. When Gretchen asked her to repeat what she had just heard, the kid just went, "Blooby-blooby-blooby" I knew instantly this was the phrase for me! I use it fairly often, much to Jerry's annoyance.

That was a good sample: This goes way back to when Jerry was little. His dad used to say it. It's a polite way of saying, "Is this all you made for dinner? I'm still hungry!" Jerry used it last night when I made some yummy burgers, but just one apiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy