NOW THIS:

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Boomer update

I had mixed feelings about going in for his 6 month post-amputation exam. Even though he has been feeling just fine, I wasn't sure I really wanted to know if the deadly seeds of cancer had spread to his lungs, as the doctor cautioned it might. But part of me did want to know, so I could be prepared for what might be next.

I let them give him an x-ray.

It was clean! No visible mets or suspicious spots.

I wasn't really surprised, because I know he's been feeling and acting like his old self. But I sure was glad anyway.

He also had a routine blood test, mostly just to make sure that his liver function is still OK with the continued use of his NSAID prescription.

Good boy, Boomie. Mama loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cindy...what great news! I had been wondering about Boomer and now we know!!! YEAH!!!!!!! Congrats on the fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for Boomer always! I hadn't known about his health issues...I know you all are giving him all the love and care there can be!

    I had a recent scare with Taylor... a false alarm... she had come into the room seemingly having difficulty with one leg :-( I hustled her immediately into the truck (having to give her a helpful heave Up Into it)
    At the vet's I had concerns if getting her out would further damage whatever problem she was having so I had an aide of theirs come to my truck...but then I worried about any aggressions (you know dogs and vehicles) so I had her get out on her own...and there was no problem...I walked her all about and there was no problem so we went back home without seeing a vet....She enjoyed the surprise outing and ride though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy