NOW THIS:

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fire storm, day 2


The air was thick with smoke this morning. Really bad air quality. There is heavy ash fall. The fire has moved north a little bit. We can no longer see flames from our front yard. It's actually creeping closer to where Jerry works. There was virtually no wind when we first ventured out, but now there is a little breeze blowing. We don't want wind. It fans the fire, and it blows the smoke over many miles.
I have put a few pictures on my Flickr page. Still bugging Jerry to get some of his on there, too.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...when I was looking at your pictures, I actually started to smell smoke! That was strange!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy