2. Have you ever smoked? Ick-no.
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? Yes, but only at Christmastime, and in moderate doses.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little, usually.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Best barbecued on the 4th of July. Eaten on a bun with mustard and maybe a little relish. Or a chili dog.
Dang, now I want a hot dog.
7. Favorite Christmas song for all time?
Marshmallow World. It's actually more of a winter song than a Christmas song, though. It played all day in my head one June day when it snowed on our summer vacation. I’ve loved it ever since.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Just enough orange juice to wash down my morning pills.
9. Can you do push ups? I haven’t even attempted to do push ups in a few decades. I’m guessing probably not.
10. Who is your favorite Grey’s Anatomy Character? Uh, sorry, I am apparently one of the few people who don’t watch that show.
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I wear very little jewelry. I guess my wedding ring and the little chai pendant my grandma gave me are my favorites. I wear them both all the time.
12. Favorite hobby? “looking and finding” for bugs, shells, rocks, whatever.
13. Do you eat “exotic” foods? What’s “exotic?” Chinese? Indian? Deep fried bugs on a stick?? (Yes to the first 2, no thanks to that last one)
14. Do you have A.D.D.? That would explain a lot- Ooh, hey, is that the Goodyear Blimp? Be right back!
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? I’m lazy.
16. Middle Name? yes.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I feel a little like taking a nap. I smell coffee. Should I divulge my middle name?
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Avocados, tomatoes, and a jalapeno pepper. I made guacamole!
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, juice, occasionally diet coke.
20. Current worry right now? I haven’t
21. Current hate? Stupid people!
22. Favorite place to be? Death Valley, always. (OK, maybe not in the middle of summer, but hey…)
23. How will you bring in the New Year? I’ll be asleep before the old year ends.
24. Where would you like to go? Right now? I’m good.
25. Name three people who will complete this? You, you, and you. (you know who you are)
26. Do you own flip flops? Not anymore. I used to live in those things. Now I can’t wear them because of my foot issues, plus I can no longer tolerate the little thong that goes between the toes.
27. What shirt are you wearing? I’m in layers right now. A red/black/white striped ¾ sleeve t shirt covered by a fleece thingy. And a vest.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I've never tried it, but I bet it feels slippery.
29. Can you whistle? yes
30. Favorite color? Green. Or maybe Blue.
31. Would you be a pirate? I don’t think I have the stamina.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing, but sometimes I “rehearse” what I plan to say to the next group I will be touring at the arboretum.
33. Favorite girl’s name? I had the girl’s name (Deanna) picked out for both of my pregnancies, and I ended up having 2 boys.
34. Favorite boy’s name? I always liked Brice. Come to think of it, Michael ranks right up there, too.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Ha! When I walked to the corner this morning to pick some eucalyptus leaves for my ET, I found these 2 weird things:
Some kind of game tokens, or maybe pogs. (Remember pogs?) Anyway, as I was picking them up from the sidewalk, I was wondering what I would even do with them, and now their purpose is clear: to be in this post!
36. Last thing that made you laugh? When that guy threw his shoes at President Bush.
37. Bed sheets as a child? There were yellow flowered ones that I liked. And some blue ones that looked pretty, but were cheap and scratchy.
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I’ve dislocated my knee several times. The last time was in public, on vacation, and it was not only embarrassing, it spoiled the whole rest of the trip.
39. Do you love where you live? I like it. I’m used to it, but I don’t love it.
40. How many TV’s do you have in your house? We have 2, but one will become obsolete next February. But we can also watch TV on the internet, so counting all the PC's it’s almost like having 6 TV’s
41. Who is your loudest friend? I’m the loud one. Everyone else is quieter than me.
42. How many dogs do you have? Two, Boomer and Marley.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Boomie does.
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? Kind of. Sometimes.
45. What is your favorite book? Any good book I read becomes my favorite of the moment. I don’t know if I have an all time favorite. Maybe Lord of the Rings?
46. What is your favorite candy? Dark Chocolate.
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? OK, I just sat here and hummed it quietly to myself, and, surprisingly, yes I do. I hope I don’t have it stuck in my head all day now!
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I don’t plan on having a funeral. No, I don’t expect to live forever, but I will want to keep things simple. And I don’t have a big family or lots of friends, so it won’t be a big deal.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleepin’.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? How long can I lay here before the dogs come in and start demanding their breakfast?