NOW THIS:

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Leaf studies

I haven't done much artwork lately. I've got lots of ideas, but they pretty much spin around inside my head and then fizzle or fade away. But I had an idea to try something tonight: I tried making these leaves in Photoshop. I want them to look sort of like fabric, and 3-D.



The green ones are supposed to look like felt. I think the one on the right looks better. The red one is a burlap texture. You can see the texture better if you click on the picture to enlarge it. I figured out how to use a texture overlay for these.

Don't know what I'm going to do with this new skill, which, knowing me, I could forget by tomorrow. But here, at least you can see I did something.

1 comment:

  1. I agree...the green one on right looks most like felt. I think the one on left looks kinda like Play Doh. This is neat! You will have to figure out how to use them in some of your cool digital scapbooking designs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy