NOW THIS:

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Two new friends

There has been a cactus/succulent sale at the arboretum this weekend. I always like to go and look. I would buy a whole bunch of new plants, but A) I'm too cheap, B)I don't have space for all those little pots, C)I can't always keep them alive.

But after careful consideration, I picked out these two little guys. They're delightfully round, nicely patterned, and that's pretty much all I know about them, except their names.

Astrophytum asterias


Euphorbia obesa

The sale ends this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I will be searching the ground around the sales area for little fallen bits and pieces that could be rescued and rooted. Of course, most of what I find is ridiculously common, and often damaged on top of that (stepped on, mostly), but it's still something I like to do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your two new plants are really beautiful! I think you must have bought the two best ones there!!! I wish I could have been there for the sale!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy