NOW THIS:

Friday, January 02, 2009

Fall/Winter


Here's a little bit of California-style cold from a couple of weeks ago. Ice crystals on my car. It was down into the 30's at night and for a few days it hardly made it out of the 40's all day. I know that people who live where it gets really cold would laugh at 40-degree temperatures, but this is cold for me.


Some of our neighbors had frost on their roofs and lawns. We got just a touch on our ivy.




Meanwhile, a good deal of the deciduous trees are still in the middle of autumn. This is a Chinese Zelkova tree at the arboretum.




Look how pretty.


Even the view down below is nice.




1 comment:

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy