NOW THIS:

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Topsy Turvy Transplant Time


Some of my succulents seem to have a limited lifespan. They get spindly, or shrivelly, or just yucky-looking after a few years. Fortunately, I can usually trim them back, or root some cuttings. The plant above is Echeveria Topsy Turvy, a favorite that I bought at the arboretum several years ago. I already transplanted cuttings from it a few years ago when it got yucky, and now it's yucky again.





It has a few "pups" growing around the base of the main plant. Each one can become a whole new plant. I'll try to save the top part too. I can trim off the dead stuff and replant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy