NOW THIS:

Friday, January 23, 2009

Working on something

I haven't really felt like blogging too much lately. I've been just surfin' around looking for something fun and interesting. I found the cute picture below on Flickr, and have been wasting massive amounts of time trying to make a digital fabric stitched, uh...thing.




My progress so far. You don't want to know how many hours I've frittered away on this. Not all at one go. I don't have the patience to sit in front of this machine for too long. And, disappointingly, my eyes are tired from staring at the screen, and my fingers are cramped from grasping the stylus, so it's as physically exhausting (such as it is) as real needlework, sorta. Oh, and my butt gets tired from all this sitting. So I'm up and down a lot. I can't remember how many times I've fiddled around and started something like this and never finished it. Maybe I'll luck out with this one.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...this is so cute! Will you transform it into a cloth project as well? I love the button eyes,and burlap background! I want to try something like this! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie. I'm not sure what's going to happen to this project, but my goal is just to finish it as a digital needlework collage, or whatever you call it!

    You can find all kinds of textures, papers, and elements (like the buttons) for free on search engines like this. Most people make digital scrapbook pages, but I like to use them for other things as well. I'm sure you would have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy