NOW THIS:

Friday, April 24, 2009

Do not adjust your monitor


Yes, those mashed potatoes are blue. They actually started out purple, but by the time I cooked them and mashed them, they were blue. The accompanying bit of meatloaf is there as a color reference. It's normal meat-loaf color.
So, yeah, I bought some purple potatoes just for the fun of it. I've done it before, when the boys were little, but that was a long time ago. Although they tasted like potatoes, they were just too blue for me, and apparently for everyone else who usually makes quick work of leftovers. We ended up throwing them away.
Makes me wanna get some Play Doh, though.

3 comments:

  1. DOES look like play-doh!

    Peruvian Purple Potatoes? the only ones purple I think...

    Come on! admit you put some food coloring in them and that you are pulling our collective legs :->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would I lie? And on the internets, no less? Nothing added, except garlic, which I have no idea if it had anything to do with keeping the color. I've made those potatoes before, but they always faded considerably as they cooked.

    I will say that I think the colors I see on my own computer look less vivid than on other peoples'. I know that when I bring up Bug Safari on someone else's monitor, the green background looks SUPER BRIGHT GREEN, and on mine it's a milder, light grass-green (as I intended). Maybe my potatoes are similarly over-saturated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet they tasted good (especially with the garlic)
    but I might have had to close my eyes as I took a bite :-)

    I am reminded of Bridget's soup at her birthday dinner party!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy