NOW THIS:

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I made pho

I woke up sick this morning. I think it's a sinus thing. And my throat hurts. It's the kind of sick that makes me want soup. Usually I'll make matzo-ball soup, but today I woke up wanting pho.

Lucky me, I found a blogger with an easy recipe. I had some of the ingredients on hand already, and found most of the rest at the market. Even with a couple of items left out, it was still just the taste I was craving. I made way too many noodles, though. Have you ever made too many noodles for something, and the bowl almost seems like there's more left over than what you started with? Well, it happens to me occasionally, and this was one of those times. So maybe tomorrow I'll find another recipe to help use them up. Or maybe I'll just make more of that yummy broth and have pho again.

Ack, my nose is running. I better go catch it!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you win the race with your nose! Get Well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy you liked it! Hope you feel better soon, its memorial day weekend after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy! I am writing to you on Friday night here in Germany...just reading a few blogs this evening...planning to fly home tomorrow morning. Just wanted to say I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this! Seems to me I have seen Pho on our Vietnamese restaurant menu??? It sounds like it would be something to have, for sure, with a cold. Best wishes!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy