NOW THIS:

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Madonna of the Onion

Once again, I have been distracted from my kitchen duties by the way the vegetables look when I cut into them. In this case, I clearly saw an image of a mother and child in my sliced onion.

Fascinated and delighted (especially since tomorrow is Mother's Day) I made sure everybody saw it, then I took pictures of it, then I went back to my chopping. Or at least I started to, but the middle part of the onion just sort of fell out, and I was compelled to admire it all over again. I set it on the kitchen window sill, and when I saw the light shining through it from behind, I had to take it outside and take another picture of it.


Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. If you're not careful you'll have a yardful of pilgrims seeking a visitation with your onion! This is certainly prettier than the griddle stain that is currently the talk of Calexico these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he! Well, even though I saved that little piece, it's already drying and shriveling up. This is one instance where the old saying, "Take a picture, it will last longer", holds true!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy