NOW THIS:

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boomer's vet visit today

The doctor didn't feel the need to do X rays. She checked all 3 of his legs and found no indications of cancer recurrence. She feels the problem is just that Boomer's hip is giving out. After all, it was in bad shape to begin with, and in all honesty, we sort of expected the cancer would come back and Boomie would pass away before his hip got too bad.

So the good news is the cancer hasn't come back.

The bad news is, Boomer has outlasted his hip.

The doctor has recommended we start him back on Adequan injections. He had been on it for several years before he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. It was very expensive, and it had gotten to the point where I wasn't really sure if it was still helping him, but the vet thinks it will, and she had the vet-tech teach me how to give the injections myself, which will save me money. I already gave Boomie 2 injections today, a practice one with saline solution and then the real stuff. He's such a good boy. He didn't even flinch!

2 comments:

  1. Awe...poor Boomie! I'm sure you will be the best nurse ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! and you are very devoted (and brave) to be giving injections (I hope I would be able to do the same for mine) I am sure Boo knows all that you do is to help him!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy