NOW THIS:

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Holding our breath, just a little

Well, I think we've actually exhaled now, after a couple of days of uncertainty and concern. Boomie has been having some trouble. Weakness? Pain? It was hard to figure out exactly what was going on, but he was unsteady on his hind leg and walked with a slow, somewhat hunched posture. I started him yesterday on Tramadol from the sizeable stash we have left over from his amputation. (Yes it's still within the "use by.." date.)

This morning he seems to be considerably better, but I still don't know what was wrong in the first place. Did he sprain something? Has the cancer returned? Is that poor old arthritic, displastic back leg wearing out? I will keep him on the Tramadol for a few more days, and then wean him off of it and see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sad to hear Boomie is in pain. I got a little emotional hearing about it. My thoughts and prayers are with him and you guys also. Hoping for the best. It couldn't be a sticker in his paw, could it??? Or something simple??? I am hoping it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how much worry and concern you must be feeling..... Taylor and I will think happy thoughts as we enjoy simple pleasures and hope they are shared by Boo

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy