NOW THIS:

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The fire this time


Far enough away not to be a danger. (and much farther away than last year's wildfire) Close enough to color the sky. I took this picture yesterday. The big billowing cloud is a thermo-cumulus cloud caused by the super-heated air from the fire, rising and then condensing and falling down again. (this according to our TV weatherman) The hazy brown over the hills is the smoke. Today, the brown stuff was more widely distributed. We had fine particles of ash on our cars.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you immediately when I saw the news this morning, and felt these fires were farther away from you than last year. Still...to have that ash falling everywhere...you really need a mask! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy