NOW THIS:

Friday, October 02, 2009

The excuses were stacked in my favor

There's a Goodwill store about a mile from my house. I like to look for treasures there sometimes, but I won't usually buy anything unless I can find a good reason.
I bought this pot there today, after noticing it yesterday, admiring it, considering it, mulling it over, then going home and trying to forget about it. After all, I really don't need another pot. We're trying to get rid of stuff we don't need, just like somebody else got rid of this pot.

But I decided to go back today when I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I figured there were enough reasons to part with a few bucks for it. After all, it's my favorite shade of green, and it has a fun floral design on it. It looks like the 70's. (I don't know if it's vintage or retro. It doesn't have any brand name on it that I can tell.) Plus, it was on sale 50% off today. And at this time of year, I can always say I'm buying myself a little birthday present.



When I brought it home, I wasn't sure if I was actually going to cook with it or maybe put a plant in it, but it cleaned up so nice, I'm going to use it for a cooking pot!



Grubby inside before.


All cleaned up!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! This is my kind of style! My dishes are all from the 70's! The older I get, the more I like mid-century modern...closer to the 40-50's...love this pattern! You found a great treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy