NOW THIS:

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Oh, deer!


This isn't a very good picture, but all I had was my cell phone and this was an emergency. Well, not a serious emergency, but definitely a need for a camera. As Seon was walking me out to my car after our visit, we noticed a family of deer in her yard. Hey, we're city-folk, and even though Seon lives in the foothills, seeing such large wildlife is a big deal for us!

Seon alternated between urging me to take pictures of them, and saying we should hide ourselves behind the garage so we wouldn't frighten them away until they had a chance to drink from her fishpond. It was funny and fun, and for a few moments we were like a couple of giddy children. In the end, as they left her yard, Seon practically ran after them to see where they were going. The excitement of the moment gave her a boost of energy. But I will also say she has had an easier time since her latest chemo, something that encourages us greatly.

1 comment:

  1. Good news about your friend!!! I hope she continues to do better and better!!! Hey...what a really awesome thing to see there in her yard! Very thrilling, ...reminds me of when Carolyn and I saw the Key Deer on the way home from Key West! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy