NOW THIS:

Sunday, November 15, 2009

And speaking of procrastination...

Here's some of the things I could or should be working on:

Digitally preserving 2 children's books I wrote way back in the last millenium (about 35 years ago) that I thought were lost forever, but turns out my mom had them and she gave them back to me.

Figuring out what to do with an antique doll that is literally disintegrating. Should I try to save and repair her, or donate her head, (the only part not disintegrating), to a doll hospital?

Designing a T-shirt for the arboretum nature guides.

Teaching myself how to use Adobe Illustrator.

Working on the area of my yard where I want to plant vegetables this winter. I have roots to dig out where a large plant was partly removed, and more smaller plants to dig out, and compost to mix in.

And that doesn't even include all the regular everyday stuff that I am continually procrastinating on: Housecleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, exercising. All that kind of stuff. Honestly, some days I'm lucky I manage to work bathing into my day. So what am I doing with myself? Farting around, mostly.

I do my volunteer stuff at school, and at the arboretum. I visit friends. I waste time on the computer. I dote on my 3-legged dog and my 3 legged stick insect, among other pets. I manage to get done what needs doing. There is (almost always) food and clean laundry, and the dog hair never gets deeper than our ankles before I get to vacuuming. The other things, the list above and more, wait patiently. I'll get to them eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy