NOW THIS:

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Playing around

Blogger has finally come up with some new blog template designs. Well, Blogger in Draft has, I guess I should say. Anyway, I've been playing around with it a little, and I found this cute background that I've stuck up here, at least for now. I really would like to be able to upload my own background images, and I've read 2 conflicting things about doing that, which basically say: 1) yeah, so does everybody else, and we're working on it. 2) Here's how you put in the CSS code to use your own background... (I'll have to take a few smart pills to figure out how to do that!)

Of course, like I've said before, it's not really a substitute for actual content, but for now, it's all I've got.


So, anyway, while I haven't been blogging, I have still wasted an inordinate amount of time following Roger Ebert, of all people. Several months ago, for some reason, I wanted to find out how he was doing, and I found out he has this really cool blog. (Cool to me, because he wrote about all kinds of other stuff besides movies, and hey, this guy can write!)

Then, before the Oscars, he was in the news a bit, and on Oprah, because he's still a big-time film critic and, you know: movies>film critic>Oscar buzz, all that junk. He was kind of in the spotlight himself, and I just sort of got captivated by this guy who is now disfigured and mute, but he still has so much to say....

I subscribed to his twitter feed (no, I don't do Twitter, but sometimes I'll read other people's tweets) and Roger Ebert tweets about 40 times a day!! Sometimes they're responses to other people, sometimes they're ReTweets, and some of course are his original tweets, but holy crap it's a lot to sift through, and of course many of them come with links to other stuff that I end up clicking on and wasting even more time. And this is just the by-product of one person's online presence. Can you imagine multiplying this by other people's blogs and Tweets? Because I'm sure that lots of people are following more than one prolific writer.

The bottom line is I decided to unsubscribe to Ebert's Twitter, because it was becoming too much, and while some of it was interesting, I didn't care about the rest of it, and I didn't really need any of it. Sorry, Roger.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...have you ever got the sore BUTT from sitting too long? I have my little HP Mini on my lap on the couch for hours and have to get up becasue of BUTT Pain!!! This is seriously rediculous! What ever happened to my real life???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worse than that. I've developed a wide, flat, old-lady butt. Gonna try to walk it off a little bit in the desert next week ;)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy