NOW THIS:

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Earthquake report

We were visiting my parents this afternoon when we felt an earthquake. It was slow, smooth and gentle, like a porch swing. If it wasn't for the fact that, yes, we were having an earthquake, it was probably the most delightful seismic event I've ever felt. Michael, who was with Jessi and her family about 20 miles from us, actually used the word delightful when I called to check on how they felt it.

This quake was centered about 150 miles from us, and I'm sure was not so gentle at the epicenter, where at the last report, it measured 7.2.

Still waiting for the "big one" here.

1 comment:

  1. omg! this is such a scary thing...maybe you better come be my neighbor!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy