NOW THIS:

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Roses at sunset


I like my neighbor's roses. They are called "Iceberg", and they are a delicate white with glossy green leaves.


But what I also really like is that these roses blush in spatters of pink as they die.



I love to see the pinkness illuminated by the evening sun.


Also, living or dead, they attract bugs, which I always appreciate.



They smell nice, too.



Have you ever noticed the star on the backside of a rose?




These are some of my mini-roses, also nicely illuminated by the last rays of the sun on my porch.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy