NOW THIS:

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The most beautiful ice plant


Somehow I was sure I had posted here about these amazing little plants a couple of years ago, but I guess I didn't. I first saw them at the beach in 2008, and at the time, I only posted them on Flickr. I saw them yesterday at a different beach, but a little earlier in the year, so they were blooming. This plant is called Mesembryanthemum crystallinum, commonly known as ice plant, and it's an invasive. I don't care. I love these things. Go look at my whole Flickr set.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! There is not a more beautiful succulent, Cindy!!! My God! These are just incredible. I've seen ice plants, but never anything like this! I sure wish they would grow here...I'd tell you to send me a whole truckload!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so pretty. I would like to find some of this to cover an area. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, the colours of this plants are stunningly beautiful as is its structuring.
    Visited the Flikr presentations... have never seen such a plant before. Sad its an invasive. So often the way though.
    Thanks for sharing and informing... its formal name is certainly a long one.
    Good wishes from Magda(Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy