NOW THIS:

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Cabbage tree of life

This is something I've been inspired to do for a long, long time.

I took this photo over 3 years ago, when I found the shape of a beautiful tree inside a head of cabbage. I have always wanted to make it into a Tree of Life, but I didn't know quite how I wanted to go about it, so I just kept the photo, and I would look at it and admire it from time to time. (not to mention admiring subsequent Trees of Life every time I cut a head of cabbage!)


Well, today was the day! I did this in ArtRage. I really like the way this turned out, but I still have another idea for the rainbow circle behind the tree. I may fiddle with it more later, or tomorrow. Or not. We'll see.

This is not the first time I have been inspired by a food item. It's not even the first time I've been inspired by cabbage. Way back in '05, when I was only just beginning to play with Photoshop, I played it with cabbage.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you sure can do some great things with ArtRage!!! I am useless with it! I love how cabbage has inspired you over the years, but I was so excited when I opened the post up and saw your head of cabbage cut in half...I just knew you had done some sort of printing with it! Would you try and and see what you can come up with??? If you say no...then I will try it, OK????? This tree of life is really cool!!! Now you have me wondering if the inside of a brussel sprout might look just the same...(most likely)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, the printing. I've done veggie printing before, but not with cabbage. I always end up admiring it, but needing to get back to my food prep/cooking. But I'll keep it in mind for later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I absolutely love it and you are so right on with the cabbage and the tree of life! I just can't stop looking at it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my

    you are so creative inspired talented

    I am loving that image


    Ketchup is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy this is amazing...thanks for the link on Gennine's blog. Cant believe I have never noticed this before!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy