NOW THIS:

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things were simpler back then

I was folding the laundry tonight, when I noticed the changes clothing companies have made in the washing instructions they put on the garment tag. If it even has a tag anymore. Many T shirts don't have tags. They just have the information printed right inside the back of the shirt collar.

Anyway, here's what it says on one of Michael's solid-color T shirts that he got at Target:

MACHINE
WASH WARM WITH LIKE COLORS ONLY
NON-CHLORINE BLEACH WHEN NEEDED
TUMBLE DRY LOW REMOVE PROMPTLY
WARM IRON WHEN NEEDED DO NOT IRON
ON PRINT
(apparently no room for punctuation)

Now here's what it says on the tag of a genuine 1970's-era Hang-Ten T shirt that used to be Jerry's and now Michael wears it:

MACHINE WASH
TUMBLE DRY

1 comment:

  1. Many of the clothes I've seen today have absolutely NO mention of what material the item is made out of either! I find this maddening. I need to know. I won't buy unless it tell me. It surprises me here, because I would have thought there would have been MORE washing instruction in the PAST, rather than the other way around!!!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy