NOW THIS:

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Boomie looks like a clock


Hangover
That's what Michael said the other day when Boomie was laying with his head hanging over the arm of the chair.

"A clock?"

"You know, like a Salvador Dalí clock."

The Persistence of Memory, by Salvador Dalí.

Well, when you put it that way, I guess he does look like a clock.


Note: I am embarrassed by the condition of the chair that Boomie is relaxing in. I didn't think it looked quite that shabby in person. Perhaps, in the same way the camera adds 10 pounds to a person, it also adds shabbiness and filth to old chairs.

Our leather furniture, purchased on sale from a department store about 12 or so years ago, has not aged well. I had a product to clean it with, and it worked well, a little too well in fact. I realized too late that the cleaner was actually removing the paint from the leather. This, together with the fact that the dogs use our furniture as their doggie beds, has hastened its demise. That being said, I am reluctant to banish the dogs from laying on it, so I am resigned to living with old, dirty, shabby furniture until the dogs die.

Not that I am in any hurry for the dogs to die. Boomie is just 2 days away from the 2 and a half year anniversary of his amputation, and look at him up there. He can still hoist his old carcass up on the chair all by himself. If Boomie is a clock, I hope he keeps tickin' for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Many of us must keep our shabby couches either for animals or children...in my case, it's both now!! ;0 -Love the Salvadore Dali clock pose!!! What a dog!!! I can't believe it has been 2.5 years since the samputation...I might believe 1.5...but 2.5??? It really is scary how fast time flies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had a pretty bad couch that we just finally got rid of too! Love the dog Salvadore Dali pose. Way too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy