NOW THIS:

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Unnecessary quotation marks


Ok, I'll admit that this is a really crappy photo, but at least you can read the sign, including the words "Meat Cutters", and "CERTIFIED". Notice that last word is quoted, capitalized and underlined! If I were one of the guys that work behind the counter, I'd be insulted.
This is not the first time I have complained about Stater Brothers' over use of quotation marks. I wonder if the wording on this sign was written by the same person who inspired this ranting post I made last summer
I have also found an entire blog devoted to the superfluous use of quotation marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy