NOW THIS:

Saturday, December 18, 2010

For 2 bucks, I took a chance


I bought this plaster house at the Goodwill store last week. It's pretty big. I put my glasses next to it for size reference.


The good: Cute little details. I used to love to paint these kind of things.



The bad: the tree is busted on top. I didn't even notice it till I was in line to pay for it. Those little blobs at the base of the tree are teddy bears. There are several teddy bears around the house. Unpainted, they're not very cute. I hope I can paint them cute.



I easily fixed the busted part. And removed the price sticker. But it's still a lot to paint, with my increasingly arthritic finger. And there's a lot of snowy white roof. I'm not sure how it will turn out. Or even if it will turn out. But for $2.00, I decided it was worth the gamble.



I'll let you know how it goes.



3 comments:

  1. What a large peice!!! No problem for you to fix the tree! It will be beautiful, and I can't wait to see it when you are done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching! waiting and watching!

    Today is my big Christmas Day ... an early one and my official one :-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome I can't wait to see! Those little bears will come out cute I'm sure. Isn't there some kind of white paint that actually looks foamy and like snow you could put on the roof. I thought I saw something like that. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy