NOW THIS:

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Some art that caught my eye

Just a few of the weird and funky things we saw when we spent some time in an "antique mall". It was really just a big old store, divided up into little booths, each one filled with old crap and treasures. Of course, it's up to the shoppers to figure out which is the crap and which is the treasure. The whole place smelled like my grandma's house.
I really liked this picture. It was labeled as a Hungarian drawing, but it looked more like a print.


There was one booth with stuff from the 60's and 70's. Compared to the offerings in other booths from older decades, this one was had much brighter colors. I especially liked the mushroom calendar from 1974.


And this thing. It looked like a display case that was trying to look like an arcade game. Hand painted with a space man shooting an alien.


This guy looks familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reluctantly, I have reinstated the word verification for all comments on this blog. I don't like it any more than you do, but the rate of breakthrough spam was even more annoying. Thanks for understanding.

Cindy